Our policy and research team tracks issues concerning responsible finance, advocating on behalf of our members. We liaise with government departments (particularly HM Treasury, Department for Business Innovation and Skills and the Cabinet Office), economic regulators, other alternative finance providers and trade bodies to raise awareness of responsible finance providers, and lobby for the development of the sector.
The team also keeps a record of industry intelligence through our quarterly and annual surveys, which monitor the sector’s lending activity.
The main strands of our policy & research team’s work include:
- Driving and monitoring the latest policy and funding developments and opportunities for the responsible finance industry
- Responding to government and regulator consultations
- Providing policy briefings to members and stakeholders on relevant topics
- Producing Inside Community Finance, our annual report of member lending activities and impacts
- Quarterly measurement and reporting on member lending activity and impact.
- Undertaking and commissioning innovative and original research concerning the development of the responsible finance industry