We work with a group of our members to deliver Start Up Loans – providing vital finance and support to help people set up their own business across the country.
The Start Up Loans Company is a UK-wide, government backed scheme, which offers a repayable loan to individuals over the age of 18 who have a viable business idea but no access to finance. The scheme funds businesses in every sector. As well as financial backing all loan recipients are given access to a mentor, free training events and exclusive business offers.
We are part of a network of official Start Up Loans delivery partners across the UK who administer the scheme.
Responsible finance providers are a major driver of the Start Up Loans programme, and between April 2012 and March 2014, supported over 4,400 people into business with loans totalling £26m.
Our members will guide you through the application process, including advice on creating a business plan and cashflow forecast. If you receive a loan they will then support you through your journey, providing you with your business mentor.
What’s on offer?
A Start Up Loan is a personal loan for business purposes. The Start Up Loans delivery partners can only lend to applicants who are 18 years or older at the time of their application. Individuals can only receive one loan, however more than one partner in a business can be eligible to apply for a Start Up Loan.
Please note that you will be credit checked as part of your application for a Start Up Loan.
You can apply to a member of our consortium in your area:
- Business Enterprise Fund (Calderdale, Kirklees, Harrogate & Ripon, Hambleton, Craven, Leeds, Bradford, York and North Yorkshire)
- Coventry and Warwickshire Reinvestment Trust (Coventry and Warwickshire)
- DSL Business Finance (Scotland)
- Enterprise Northern Ireland (Northern Ireland)
- Finance For Enterprise (South Yorkshire and the Sheffield city region)
- Five Lamps (Tees Valley and County Durham)
- Foundation East (East Anglia)
- Impetus (Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin, Herefordshire, and Worcestershire)
- Lancashire Community Finance (the areas of Lancashire County Council and the district councils of Preston, South Ribble, West Lancashire, Lancaster & Chorley, Leyland, Chorley, Skelmersdale, Ormskirk, Wigan, St Helens, Southport Lancaster & Morecambe)
- MCF Loans (East Midlands)
- Merseyside Special Investment Fund (Greater Merseyside and its boundary – Liverpool, Sefton, Knowsley, St Helens, Halton and Wirral)
- Robert Owen Community Banking (Wales)
Other members are also involved in the Start Up Loans programme. These are:
- Acorn Fund
- Business Finance Solutions
- Enterprise Loans East Midlands
- Financing Start Up Enterprise
- Financing Sharia Enterprise
- GLE One London
- Let’s Do Business Finance
- London Small Business Centre
- SWIG Finance