We’re pleased to bring our 2018 annual conference to Glasgow. The biggest gathering of the industry committed to fair and responsible finance will take place on 20th and 21st March 2018 at the prestigious Glasgow City Chambers.
We will be bringing together thought leaders and practitioners to discuss the economic landscape and future of the responsible finance industry. It is the best place to learn about new innovations and best practice in tailored workshops, and network with your peers.
We are delighted that actor and activist Michael Sheen will speak at Responsible Finance ’18.
The stage and screen actor will join us on 20th March to introduce the End High Cost Credit Alliance. The Alliance seeks to end the damage caused by high cost credit through taking new and collaborative approaches to tackling changes in regulation, policy, public debate, workforce training and investment in fairer alternatives.
The centrepiece of the conference will be the Citi Microentrepreneurship Awards dinner, when we will be celebrating the achievements of responsible finance providers and the entrepreneurs they support.
Our list of inspiring speakers also includes:
- Christopher Woolard (Financial Conduct Authority)
- Patrick Magee (British Business Bank)
- Kaye Adams
- Guy Opperman MP (Parliamentary Undersecretary for Pensions and Financial Inclusion) – video message
- John Chalmers (Carnegie UK Trust)
- Susan Aktemel (Homes for Good)
- Ashwin Kumar (Joseph Rowntree Foundation)
- Dave Pickering (Lending Standards Board)
- John Hornell (FinPoint)
- Naomi Clayton (Centre for Cities)
- Thom Kenrick (RBS)
- Elwin Groenevelt (Qredits)
- Noel Matthias (Wevolution)
- Sara Llewellin (Barrow Cadbury Trust)
- Jay Sheth (Virgin Money)
- Olga Biosca (Glasgow Caledonian University)
- Seb Aslan and Rob Freeman (Community Investment Services)
- Jessica Brown (Connect Fund)
- Nick Henry (Coventry University)
- Kenny MacLeod (Scotwest Credit Union)
- Jude Cook (Sharein and UK Crowdfunding Association)
- Greig Paul (University of Strathclyde)
- Srini Sundaram (Aire)
- Cam Donaldson (Glasgow Caledonian University)
Registration is now open!
Download the conference programme to see the inspiring speakers, practical workshops and key debates
The Mercure Glasgow City Hotel is the closest to the Glasgow City Chambers. We have secured a group rate for the 20th March of £85 per room (for bed & breakfast, single occupancy). You can call 0844 815 9103 (option 1) to make a reservation by quoting ‘ELIE190318’. Prepayment is required. This is a non refundable and non transferrable rate.
Other hotels close by include: